I like the number 8 - the number of new beginnings. I also like how when rotated quartercircle, it's the symbol for infinity. I like how when we approach something new, the possibilities are endless. It's quite cool that when I first opened this new entry thingum, some other site told me I was the 888 888 user to access the site. I don't believe the count, but I still think it's pretty cool.
There's something about faith and hope working hand in hand to establish love. Maybe the hardest things to repent from aren't the actions or mistakes we've made but from heart attitudes like unbelief, fear and disappointment. Because they've hung around so long, it feels like they're a part of us.
I've been thinking about what Ailin said about taking a stand. I think God is arising in us not to take a stand against people, but against the lofty thoughts that parade themselves as higher than God, and the mindsets that exalt the natural over the heavenly.
Maybe today I don't have to choose disappointment. Maybe today I don't have to choose fear. Maybe today I can choose not to look at what is against me but at my father who is for me, fierce like a warrior, eyes blazing.. arms welcoming.
God is bringing us hope. And hope not in the circumstances that are ever changing, but in the nature of Him who never changes.
Each time the circumstances come against us, and we hold our ground and say we believe, in His goodness, in His love, in His very being, then we become stronger. What if the loudness of our problems are not the display of the strength of our enemies, but the nervous tauntings of a goliath who is about to be destroyed?
I'm excited, because a realm of God never experienced before is about to descend upon us. I think more that test us, God is allowing us to walk through this time so that we can access the whole of this realm, rather than just a part of it.
Maybe today, I'll choose hope, because that is the expression of His heart towards us. Maybe today, I'll choose faith, because that is the revelation of His heart towards us. And maybe today, I'll choose love, because that is the essence of His heart towards us.
I remember about one of two weeks back, I asked Jesus, "what's on your heart today?" And He said these words to me, "don't lose hope." The Spirit that lives within us is a spirit of resurrection, the power that raised Christ from the dead. He is going to resurrect our dreams again. And what was once dead, like our bodies, He will raise up and make more glorious than before.
Amen... really like this.
ReplyDelete