Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stepping into sonship

Having flu for the last couple of days haven't been fun. I feel so lethargic and after being at work for a while, my head aches and I can't think anymore. So I've been resting earlier. It always starts off with dry throat, and then, streams of flowing mucus neverending. Seriously when I wake up in the morning, I'm getting like this dull headache, and I wonder why. And then I realize, it's the dehydration from ALL THE MUCUS I LOST IN MY SLEEP!

In the words of sicheng, 'this is not really relevant', but really the last few days I'm been thinking about being his son. not sicheng's son. God's son. I never realized until recently that when God said, "you're now my son", He was actually making a covenant with me. The love that is inherent in His convenant is so deep, I don't know if my heart has really grasped it. Sometimes I think to myself, well if I reject God, u know, God will just reject me. It's really easier for Him (this is true), but it's not His nature.

When Jesus came, He was introducing a paradigm shift for the Jews, trying to tell them, look God treats you like a father treats his son. Speaking to sinners, he said, there was once a rich man, and his son one day demanded his inheritance, and in demanding so, was cutting off his relationship with his dad. And the dad gave him what belonged to the younger son. Spending it all away, he came back thinking to himself, if my father will forgive me, being his servant is already much better than being in my current state. but when the father saw him from a distance, he ran over to his younger son and restored to him his rightful place as his son.

The message is the same today when Jesus tells me about Father God: This is the nature of your Father in heaven. When you are faithless, He is faithful because he cannot disown himself. And God is watching us - He is longing for us to turn to Him and smile, waiting for us to say, I want to be back home with you. Sometimes I feel like I disappoint God, but God just longs for us, because He says you are my son. Nothing changes that.

I don't know how long it will take before I can seal this kind of love into my heart. That's why it says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE!" That is who I am. I am His son. And I am deeply loved.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him" - But God has revealed it to us by His Spirit!

I believe when Isaiah prophesied in chapter 64 about no eye has seen what God has prepared for those who love Him, in those days the mystery of sonship was kept for our days, in the days where the Spirit is released to live in our hearts so we can cry out Abba Father, that God gave Isaiah a glimpse of this mystery. which is why in verse 8 he says, "yet, O Lord, you are our Father!"

I love listening to my dad's stories. I mean my dad has some crazy stories (earthly dad). Like inventing the electric cooker before it made its way to singapore. I mean I never knew these stories about him. But something inside me clicks everytime he shares these stories. It's like, it's his glory to share them. And this is just a parable. Because when I listen to the stories God has, when I swim in His mysteries, when I see gold dust and gold teeth and free food, I'm like God does these things? Why? But it's so exciting, because God is revealing another part of Himself that He has hidden for me. That is His glory. In the same way Moses asked God to show him His glory, and God said I will let ALL my goodness pass by you, because ALL his goodness had not been revealed to Israel but only to Moses. It's His glory. A Father sharing His heart with His son. That is His glory, and His glory is in Jesus, who is in us, because that is who Jesus is. Jesus is the mystery of God. In Him, all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden.

I can feel the hunger swirling up. I desire His glory. And even now, God is preparing us to move into new realms of His glory. Yep Father God is getting us ready, so that He can bring us into a new place in His heart. He is preparing our hearts, so that we will be able to receive what will be poured out next and not crumble under the weight of it.

1 comment: